Recurrence of properties of elements after regular intervals based on the atomic numbers is called as periodicity. The modern periodic table is based on groups and periods and each element in a particular period exhibits similar characteristics.
The Electronic configuration of the element determines the position of the element in the periodic table and elements in the same group also exhibits similar characteristics.
What are Periodic Properties?
WHAT ARE THE PERIODIC PROPERTIES?
The periodicity of these above mentioned periodic properties follows a trend when you move across a period(row) or when you move down the group(column): Ionization Energy increases when you move across period and decreases when you move down the group.
Related Concepts of Periodicity:
- In the periodic table, the element with atomic number 16 will be placed
- Which of the following pairs has both members from the same group of periodic
- In the periodic table going down in fluorine group
- If the atomic number of an element is 33, it will be placed in the periodic table
- A trend common to both for group I and VII elements in the periodic table
Subject: Chemistry (2785)
Important Daily Practice MCQs From Various Medical Entrance Examinations To Improve Your NEET Score
Share this page with your friends